Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Where in the world is reginadorothy? (1)

After 6 years, I'm back in the USA, but only for a short time. However, this will be my longest stay in this country, yet.

I arrived here last Friday, June 1 at around 10pm. I left the Philippines on June 2, 12:30am. (ooh, I traveled back in time! Haha!) My flight was supposed to be at 10:30pm on June 1, but we were delayed for 2 hours because of a last-minute change in aircraft. At least PAL had the decency to feed us at the airport (But, right before boarding? And, only one line? Seriously??).

Twas my second time to travel internationally all by myself. The first time was 6 years ago. I was still underaged back then, so I had special treatment; I didn't have to wait in line, I had a ground steward accompany me to different gates and stations in the airports, my seat (from PH to HK) was upgraded to business class for easier supervision, to name a few. However, I'm no longer a minor, so I had to do everything on my own, just like everyone else. Thank you, UP, for training me to get used to waiting in long lines.

My flight was pretty quick as it was a direct flight from PH to SFO. I was blessed enough to have an aisle seat and okay seat mates to my right who barely went to the restroom. The dude seated across the aisle to me, however, was snoring while he slept. Thank God for earphones and in-flight movies.

It was my first time at the San Francisco International Airport. On previous travels to the country, we/I'd always arrive in LAX. I can't comment on it as much because I barely had a glimpse of it coz it was night time when I arrived and because I didn't have time to explore the place coz no one's supposed to loiter the airport and I was set on not getting lost. Haha! But, I love the bas-relief artwork on the walls of that long hallway you have to walk to to get to the immigration area from the airplane.

Surprisingly, I wasn't hit with jetlag. I slept right after we arrived at my cousin's apartment and assured my family that I arrived safely. I woke up the next day at 9am, which gave my cousin and I more than enough time to go grocery shopping and tour the place.

I shall update this blog with more of my so-called adventures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment